- Received the REF Excellence in Film-Making Grant
- Received The Jerome Foundation Grant
- MacDowell Colony Fellow residency
- Yadoo artist residency
- March 20, 2013, “No More Lies” is programmed to screen in the 1st Sydney International Transgender Film Festival
- March 15-30 Editing residency at Starry Night Retreat
Now that Kickstarter is over we are finishing up production and will head out to film Kate on the road from Aug. 4th – 16th. Here’s the line up (you can follow our tour blog here with updates and clips of Kate on the road!)
- Aug 4h: Chicago, The Center on Halsted
- Aug 8th Vancouver, Queer Arts Festival
- Aug 11th:Seattle, Elliot Bay Books
- Aug 15th: San Francisco, Books Inc
- Aug. 16th: Santa Cruz, Bookshop Santa Cruz
Also, for 3 weeks in August, I’m part of a group show:
Pop-Up Museum of Queer History
Opening reception Sat., August 11 6-9 pm Leslie Lohman Gallery, Soho
A Kickstarter has been launched for finishing funds on Kate Bornstein is a Queer & Pleasant Danger!
On Monday, May 21st, we launched our Kickstarter. Just a week later we are almost at our goal!
It’s amazing how supportive and excited the community is about this film.
Please help us spread the word and donate if you can; nothing is too small, and, the rewards are fantastic!
Press about the KickStarter campaign:
Kate Bornstein is a Queer and Pleasant Danger, 2012 a 10-minute teaser
- Dixon Place, May 1, 2012
- PS 1, May 6, 2012
No More Lies
- “Best of Fest” March 2, 2012 (Echo Park Film Center in Los Angeles, starting at 8pm) FB Page
When the Dust Settles is currently in postproduction. For more info visit the film’s website: When The Dust Settles Website
Boy I Am is in distribution with Women Make Movies. For rental or purchase go here: Boy I Am Distribution
Sam travels to colleges around the country to screen their films and lecture on gender and the media. For inquiries send an email from here: visit us